DCDev - Connect to Your DC
- Get a Dreamcast
- Get a DC Coders Cable or a Broadband Adapter
- Use the cable or the adapter to connect the Dreamcast to your PC
- If you have a Coders Cable, download the DCLoad Serial Kit; if you have a Broadband Adapter, download DCLoad IP Kit
- For the sake of this tutorial I'm going to use a broadband adapter, so burn the dc-load ip image you downloaded to a CD via DiscJuggler.
- Insert the CD into your Dreamcast and switch your Dreamcast on
- Once running you should see some text displayed. The third line on the screen is the DC's mac address. We'll be using this later.
- I have an ethernet and wifi card in my computer so I'm going to use ARP and map the dreamcast to a local IP on my ethernet card. Set the IP address on your computer's card to 10.0.0.10
- Then run in admin mode: arp -s 10.0.0.11 yourdcmacaddress 10.0.0.10. This maps the DC to IP address 10.0.0.11 on the 10.0.0.10 interface.
- You now should be able to ping the DC by running: ping 10.0.0.11